- How does the process work for students?
Please watch the following video, to view a detailed explanation of how our process works:
- Are there any setup or subscription fees?
No, we don’t charge any setup or subscription fees. We only get paid after we place you with a preceptor and you accept the placement. Additionally, you’re NOT obligated to accept any placement we offer you.
- How much does this cost?
- For NP students, we charge $1,995 to match you with a preceptor. This is a flat rate per semester, regardless of how many hours you need for the rotation.
- For PA students, we charge $495 per week.
- The amount you pay includes our fee and the preceptor’s honorarium.
- There are no sign up fees and no subscription fees.
- You only pay after we match you with a preceptor and you accept the match.
- You are NOT obligated to accept any preceptors we match you with.
- We offer convenient payment plans, allowing you to make two smaller payments over a 30-day period, or four smaller payments over a 90-day period.
- Can I submit placement requests for multiple rotations?
Yes, and we encourage it!
You should submit placement requests for all your upcoming rotations, even ones a year or more in the future. Remember, you pay nothing until we match you with a preceptor and you accept the match. Since you’re not obligated to accept, you have nothing to lose by submitting all your placement requests far in advance. You can always decline any offers you receive, or cancel the placement requests entirely. With Clinical Match Me, YOU are in the driver’s seat.
- What if I don’t know the exact start date for my rotation?
We don’t need the exact date. You’ll be communicating directly with your preceptor regarding your schedule, so we just need an approximate start date. In this case, we suggest entering the date when your semester starts.
- How long does it take to be matched with a preceptor?
It depends on when you need to start, where you’re willing to travel to and what specialty you need. We have thousands of preceptors in our database, but we can’t predict an exact time period to match you with a preceptor who meets all your requirements.
We’re often able to match students the same day they apply. Other matches may take several days or weeks. The more flexible you are, the faster we’ll be able to match you with an appropriate preceptor.
- What is your refund policy?
Once we match you with a preceptor and you accept the match, we expect you to follow through. Preceptors can only accept a few students at a time and slots are usually booked well in advance. This means if you don’t show up, the preceptor has an empty slot that could have been offered to another student. Therefore, our refund policy is strict but fair:
If your school does not approve the preceptor, or if the preceptor cancels, we’ll try to find you a replacement preceptor. You may accept or decline the replacement preceptor. If you decline, the placement will be canceled and you’ll receive a FULL REFUND.
If you cancel for any other reason, or if you don’t show up for your rotation, you will not receive a refund. However, instead of canceling, you may request that your rotation be rescheduled for a future date. In that case, when you’re ready to move forward, you’ll just have to pay the rescheduling fee, which is 25% of the original placement fee.